Photo by Gustavo Acero

New Zealand has working holiday agreements with:

Argentina, Austria , Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Chile (under negotiation), China, Croatia (under negotiation), Cyprus (under negotiation), Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Hungary, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Latvia, Lithuania, Malaysia, Malta, Mexico, Netherlands, Norway, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey, Uruguay, United Kingdom, United States of America

Working Holiday Schemes are generally reciprocal arrangements that in most cases allow people aged 18 to 30 years, to spend up to 12 months on holiday in the host country.

In general, each country enables you to:

  • stay for 12 months
  • work for a period of time 
  • study for a limited time

To be eligible you are required to:

  • show enough funds for your first few weeks in the country
  • have a return ticket or enough money to pay a return ticket or onward fare
  • be between 18 and 30 years of age at the time you apply
  • not be accompanied by dependent children
  • meet character and health requirements
  • hold a New Zealand passport



You can find more details on Working Holiday Schemes on the New Zealand Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade website. Simply search their website for your home country to find the relevant information.

With a New Zealand Working Holiday Visa, you can do one or more courses of study as long as their total duration does not exceed six months.

, , , , , , , , , ,
Similar Posts
Latest Posts from The International Wanderer