Photo by Gustavo Acero

If you wish to study in New Zealand for more than three months you will need a student visa

To apply for a Student Visa you will need (as a minimum) to meet the following criteria:

  • Proof of a return ticket or onward travel or enough money to purchase a ticket
  • To show confirmation that you have been offered a place from an educational institution approved by the New Zealand Qualifications Authority
  • Demonstrate (if you’re under 18 years) that you have accommodation for your stay)
  • Enough money to live on while you are studying

On the New Zealand Working Holiday Visa you can do one or more courses of study as long as their total duration doesn’t exceed six months.

If you are planning to visit New Zealand for business trip, a holiday, to work, study, volunteer or if you wish to emigrate New Zealand Immigration Service is the official website for the most accurate information.

Search our site for more information on New Zealand. Including information on: work in New Zealand, jobs in New Zealand, study in New Zealand, volunteer in New Zealand, relocate to New Zealand, expats in New Zealand, expat communities in New Zealand, latest news as relates to living in New Zealand, blog articles about living and travelling to New Zealand.



Similar Posts
Latest Posts from The International Wanderer