Working Holiday / Temporary Work
Citizens of the following countries can enjoy working holidays in Hong Kong:
Ireland, Australia, Canada, Germany, Japan, South Korea, New Zealand
Working Holiday Schemes are generally reciprocal arrangements that in most cases allow people aged 18 to 30 years, to spend up to 12 months on holiday in the host country.
In general each country enables you to:
- stay for 12 months
- work for a period of time
- study for a limited time
To be eligible you are required to:
- show enough funds for your first few weeks in the country
- have a return ticket or enough money to pay a return ticket or onward fare
- be between 18 and 30 years of age at the time you apply
- not be accompanied by dependent children
- meet character and health requirements
- hold a valid passport
You can find further information here: The Hong Kong Immigration Department
If you wish to travel to Hong Kong:
- on a business trip
- to holiday
- or to immigrate
Then check out the relevant pages about Hong Kong on this website.
We also suggest that you contact the nearest consulate or embassy of the country you wish to visit to ensure you have the most recent and accurate information.