Working Holiday / Temporary Work

It is The International Wanderers understanding that Afghanistan does not currently have working holiday agreements in place with any other country.

However other types of visas are available. These could include work, student, skilled work or business visas.

For the most up to date and accurate information we suggest you visit the closest Embassy or Consulate of this country.



Other Visas

All visitors to Afghanistan must possess  a valid passport and an Afghan visa. The basic tourist visa entitles a traveller to 30 days stay in Afghanistan. 

It is recommended that this one-month visa be obtained prior to travelling to Afghanistan. 

Visas fairly simple to get, but you will need to plan and apply ahead as they aren’t issued at any land border or Kabul airport. Visas may be obtained at any Afghan Consulate or Embassy around the world.

If you are planning to travel to and from Afghanistan via Pakistan, ensure you have a multiple entry visa for Pakistan, otherwise you will need to get another entry visa from the Pakistan Embassy in Kabul which could delay your travel plans.

If you travel to Afghanistan by land from Pakistan, and intend to leave Afghanistan for a third country, ensure you obtain the necessary exit and entry stamps in your travel document at the Afghan/Pakistan border.

Make sure your passport has at least six months’ validity from your planned date of return. You should carry copies of a recent passport photo with you in case you need a replacement passport while overseas.


, , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,
Similar Posts
Latest Posts from The International Wanderer