Working Holiday / Temporary Work

It is The International Wanderers understanding that Nicaragua does not currently have working holiday agreements in place with any other country.

However other types of visas are available. These could include work, student, skilled work or business visas.

For the most up to date and accurate information we suggest youcontact the closest Embassy or Consulate of this country.



Other Visas

You will be required to purchase a Tourist Visa at the airport upon arrival.  The immigration entry gate in the airport will put a white slip into your passport when you arrive. You need to keep this until you exit the country.  The Tourist Visa is $10 USD per person. You should bring exact change. The Tourist Visa is valid for 90 days in Nicaragua. There is no exit fee. 

For a list of countries that require visas, head to this website –

Some of the content on this page was contributed by….

Brooke Rundle, blogger at San Juan Live and co-author of the Insider Guide to San Juan del Sur electronic guidebook.


, , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,
Similar Posts
Latest Posts from The International Wanderer