Citizens from Mexico can enjoy working holidays in the following countries:
Working Holiday Schemes are generally reciprocal arrangements that in most cases allow people aged 18 to 30 years, to spend up to 12 months on holiday in the host country.
In general each country enables you to:
- stay for 12 months
- work for a period of time
- study for a limited time
To be eligible you are required to:
- show enough funds for your first few weeks in the country
- have a return ticket or enough money to pay a return ticket or onward fare
- be between 18 and 30 years of age at the time you apply
- not be accompanied by dependent children
- meet character and health requirements
- hold a passport from Mexico
Other types of visas may also be available. These could include work, student, skilled work or business visas. For the most up to date and accurate information we suggest:
Select the country you wish to visit on our destinations page. Then click on the country’s “other visa information” page.
Or contact the closest Embassy or Consulate of the country you wish to travel to.
Generally, in most countries, if you hold a student or visitor visa – you can volunteer. This is usually providing that you will not receive any gain or reward for the activity you volunteer for i.e. a payment or benefit. See Volunteer overseas for more information.