So your time rich, cash poor, and yet you want to see the world for free? Well, not quite free but here’s a smart way to cut your travel costs to a minimum.
After airfare costs, your next biggest expense is going to be accommodation and food. You can stay in a country for free, simply by exchanging your skills and services for bed and board. And best of all you get to do interesting stuff.
- Teach English in Spain – With this opportunity, you get to see and experience the real Spain, while staying with a family. In the local high school, you will help teenagers improve their conversational English skills. So you just need to talk for your supper (and accommodation).
- Help making an Eco Home in France – Next you’re off to France where you help with everyday tasks like taking care of the garden, picking the food and cooking. For approx. 30 hours help a week, you enjoy free bed and board.
- Help in a garden on a ranch in Chile – It’s time to head to South America. You’ll help in the garden while sharing your ideas/taste on how to make the place look a little prettier. In return you live and eat with the host family.
- Help make craft beer in a brewery in Ecuador – This is one for those with some existing skills in the art of making beer. You’ll be a volunteer helper in a small start-up brewery. In exchange for helping (5-6 hours a day), the host will provide free housing and food, and probably lots of free Beer!
- Help in a backpacker hostel in Israel – Over now to the Middle East where you’ll be required to be a hardworking, self-motivated and flexible with the ability to handle both high pressure and extreme fun. You’ll stay at the backpacker hostel for free, get free tours and meet travellers from all over the world.
The above is just a flavour on what’s on offer! See a further 160 + opportunities in 60 + countries at HelpStay.com