Citizens of the European Union, Iceland, Norway, Liechtenstein and Switzerland do not require a visa to live in Finland and work for up to 90 days. After this time, you will need to obtain a residence permit but will not require work permit for employment. Visa regulations for other countries vary depending upon country of origin.

Citizens of Australia and some other countries can get a residence permit in Finland based on working holidays. There are mutual arrangements in place between Finland and some countries for such holidays. The idea is to allow people from other countries to learn about Finnish people, and to fund the holiday they are allowed to work for a limited time without having to get a residence permit.

Part time jobs and casual work are generally difficult to find in Finland. The Centre for International Mobility however, conducts paid Trainee Exchange Programs. Applicants to these programs must have completed two years of higher education. Trainings are available in tourism, forestry, teaching, agriculture and various other industries. The programs range in duration from one to eighteen months.

Teaching English can be very profitable for native speakers. Some people are willing to pay top price on hourly basis. Advertising in the local newspapers is a good way to find clients.

Au pairs placements are common in Finland. Au pairs help with household duties and look after children. While such posts may not require you to speak Finnish, childcare experience comes in handy. Au pair work with focus on English teaching is another alternative arrangement. Au pairs usually get food and accommodation along with a small stipend.


, , , , , , , , , ,
Similar Posts
Latest Posts from The International Wanderer