• Select your destination

    Invalid Input


Studying in Luxembourg

There are numerous opportunities for excellent quality higher education in Luxembourg. International students will have to get their seconday school certificates recongnzed from the country’s Ministère de l'Education nationale. Citizens of non-EU countries will also need a visa for the duration of their studies. Students admitted to public universities must have working knowledge of French or German as courses are taught in these languages.

Different types of private schools and educational facilities offer different types of trainings through seminars, lectures, and workshops. Normally the tuition fees in such institutes are steep but the study is highly structured. Most of the courses are conducted in English, but some schools do require fluency in more than one foreign language. This is normally for research and internship related courses.

Options for short term job-related training and courses that may be full or part time are available. Many of these institutes are affiliated with American universities and some with other foreign universities. It is even possible to take MBA degree courses that fulfill requirements for American universities.

Full time students from non-EU member countries are only allowed to work in the university of enrollment and that too in after completing the first semester. As full time student they may work full time during holidays. Upon graduation, students from non-EU countries can get permission to work in Luxembourg for a duration of two years which is not renewable.

Students from other countries wishing to continue higher education in Luxembourg may do so. However, the exact details of credit transfer depend on the institution and country of origin.


Before you take off

Please contact us if you believe information on this page is incorrect, misleading or offensive, or if something important is missing.

The International Wanderer aims to provide you with up to date and accurate information. However, content is submitted by writers/wanderers from all over the globe. Sometimes we will get it wrong. Furthermore, working holiday and other visa opportunities and requirements (or numbers allocated) may change. New working holiday agreements are constantly being negotiated between countries. We suggest that you contact the nearest consulate or embassy of the country you wish to visit to ensure you have the most recent and accurate information. For further information about this website see our Terms & Conditions.