• Select your destination

    Invalid Input


Studying in Canada

In terms of higher education opportunities for foreigners, Canada is the most sought after nation, after the UK and the US. The best way to get into a Canadian higher education programme is by applying directly to the universities you are interested in.

Specific academic requirements vary according to your field and level of studies. For example, for post-graduate programmes, you will be required to show proof of 12 years of schooling and four more of under-graduate studies. Another factor that Canadian universities take into account is your financial situation and whether you will be able to support your tuition fee as well as other expenses. The great thing, though, is that your student permit will also allow you to work on-campus jobs.

English is a must for being accepted into must Canadian programmes, but if you are more fluent in French you can definitely find a study project that better suits your needs. If you are looking for a vocational course, your best bet would be to contact a community college that can issue a degree in your chosen field.

Various institutions in Quebec also offer foreign students the opportunity to enrol in a summer immersion programme for learning French. There are several classes, fit for any level, from beginners to advanced. Other great study opportunities for international students include the study of Geology or Marine Mammals Studies. Cambridge also has an international college located in Canada that offers summer programmes to those interested in learning or perfecting their English.


Before you take off

Please contact us if you believe information on this page is incorrect, misleading or offensive, or if something important is missing.

The International Wanderer aims to provide you with up to date and accurate information. However, content is submitted by writers/wanderers from all over the globe. Sometimes we will get it wrong. Furthermore, working holiday and other visa opportunities and requirements (or numbers allocated) may change. New working holiday agreements are constantly being negotiated between countries. We suggest that you contact the nearest consulate or embassy of the country you wish to visit to ensure you have the most recent and accurate information. For further information about this website see our Terms & Conditions.