This is an advertisement
AFCA is participating in an online challenge called the#StartARYOT. (RYOT* is a unique sort of on-line news organization with a social conscience) RYOT will be making HUGE donations to the three charities who raise the most donations during their challenge - $75k for first place, $50k for second and $25k for third. We sure would like to be one of the top three charities, and we need your help in order for this to happen!
So, want a chance to win some cool prizes while helping a very worthwhile organization at the same time?? Who wouldn’t?!?! Well, here’s how to do it:
- Start by making a donation of $10 at www.crowdrise.com/afcaryot on August 19 (after 12:00pm EST) or on the 20th – the earlier we get donations, the bigger the traction we can create
- Share the RYOT Challenge information and our Crowdrise page through social media with as many people as possible during the dates of the competition, asking them to each donate $10 and to share with others
- Write emails to friends who have a heart for children and do the same as numbers 1 and 2 above. Give them ideas as how they can raise funds to help our kids. Some ideas are:
- Hold a bake sale or yard sale and donate the proceeds
- Don’t eat out for the first 4 weeks of the Challenge and donate what you saved
- Eat beans and rice for one week and donate what you would have spent on regular meals
- Give up your daily purchase at Starbucks for 2 weeks and donate the proceeds
- Ask your church, synagogue, mosque, or other house of worship to take a special collection and donate the proceeds
To make this fun for everyone, we have some neat incentives for donors:
- The first 200 people who donate $25 or more will be eligible for a chance to win one of two cool prizes. The winner of the first drawing will receive a gift certificate for ANY ITEM of your choice on the Ahnu website – www.Ahnu.com - including shipping! The winner of the second drawing will win $150 in gift certificates for Mountain Khakis-www.mountainkhakis.com.
- The first 100 people who donate $100 or more will receive a chance to win a 4-Night Stay in a One-Bedroom Condo at any Vacation Internationale location in the U.S.(including Hawaii), Canada or Mexico(airfare not included)! To see available locations, visit the VI website at:www.viresorts.com/resorts/resortLocations.html.
Note: We must receive a minimum of 20 donations at the $100 level in order for anyone to be eligible for this drawing.
- And here’s the biggie: For each donation of $250, you will receive a chance to win a 4-Night Stay in an Ocean View Room at Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort with Airfare for 2! And with this drawing, you will receive a “ticket” for every $250 you donate, if you are able to donate at a higher level than $250! We are limiting this drawing to only 50 “tickets”so you’ve got a great chance of winning! Note: We must receive a minimum of 20 donations at the $250 level in order for anyone to be eligible for this drawing.
(NOTE: Those who donate $250 or more will be contacted AFCA after the challenge closes to determine which of the 2 large prizes you would like your donation to apply to, as you won’t qualify for both. But you will also be in the drawings for the gift certificates.)
* RYOT: The name of this on-line organization is actually not an acronym, but rather a philosophy. In the Hindi language the word Ryot means "peasant": an untouchable, a person without a voice. The name also stems from the Martin Luther King Jr. quote, "A riot is the language of the unheard." Their philosophy is that anyone can make a productive impact no matter who they are, with the help of organized effort rather than chaos. They provide their readers a way to take action and have an impact on what they read in the news.
#Startaryot with us today!.